Tuesday, April 28, 2015

(B5 Q4) Red Thread Sisters

     Wen is the main character in the story, she is 11 years old. Wen was looking for her best friend named "Shu Ling." They both live in an Chinese orphanage. Wen only wanted one thing, to be adopted. She spent most of her life in the orphanage. Wen found Shu Ling in a dusty place, surrounded by a gully filled with trash. They talked and Wen had to let something out. Wen said "Zai jian." "Good-bye I have to go now." Shu Ling swung "Your new family? They're all here?" "Just like the photo?" "Like the photo." Wen replied.
     The way I feel about this is like this is a good thing for Wen because her lucky day has came. But Wen will miss her best friend, the only one she can call "family." She moved with her family to a small city called Boston, in the state of Massachusetts. I feel bad for Shu Ling because I can imagine how I'd feel if I were in an orphanage with a really good friend and she gets taken by a family, I'd feel bad, sad, upset. One gets taken in a home, while one stays behind.

1 comment:

  1. Awww this book seems sad but real interesting. It seems like you enjoy reading it since you are describing it so well. I like reading tragic books because I get in touch with the character and almost root for them.

    ReplyDelete